The neck ties are also made from the same material- I did this by making a simple bias tape that I stitched together over top of raw edges. The result is a very finished look- and a garment that will last for years to come.
Both designs are available in my LillyBoChic store on Etsy!
My dear friend helped me model a few of my apron designs- and honestly, the product shows so much better on a real person, as opposed to a mannequin. I will definitely continue to use models, and I will try to actively recruit friends and family for this.
This was a freehand design from a while ago. Really original and totes hot look!
I really let my imagination run with this one, (No sketches, or pre-determination of how the apron would turn out). I dare anyone to find something exactly like this!
I started with the concept of a drawstring waisted apron that would feature a deep front pocket and incorporated frills. The best part about this design is that the waist is slotted into the bodice of the apron. This pretty much guarantees that the waist ties will never come detached–ever! The full execution of this design took me about 6 hours, and it is a lovely addition to the LillyBoChic collection.
Yes- this quadrilateral is supposed to illustrate a sleeve cut open and pressed/ironed flat. In the next step it will be clear why we did this…
We will use the sleeves to make bias tape for our sleeves and add an accent waist strap for our new re-fashioned top.
I will post future items on how exactly bias tape making works- but for now you can check out this blog at www.danamadeit.com to see how it is done.
The finished product includes bias taped sleeves, and a waist tie accent.
That’s all for now, thanks for stopping by!
My small guest room refresh started with choosing a bright and comforting wall colour called: Blue Hydrangea.
Using Behr Ultra colour from The Home Depot we only needed two coats of paint.
Installing a ceiling fan was no walk in the park: before securing the fan, we had to go into the attic space to ensure outlet box was mounted to a beam. That way there would be both something secure for the fan to screw into, and no danger of the fan becoming loose and falling from its mount years later.
We installed the crown moulding with a soft metallic seashell colour from Rustoleum’s Metallic paint line from the Home Depot. As a finishing touch, we replaced the old wood bi-fold doors with border-less mirrored bi-fold doors. I just love the idea of replacing wooden doors with mirrored doors for rooms that don’t have formal mirrors. They are functional and help to save on space.
Here are some final shots of the crown moulding after using some extra coats of Rustoleum’s Metallic paint in Seashell.
This design was not my own- I developed a technique that I read about in a couture sewing manual that spoke to the replication of garments. The replication of garments is often done when you have a piece of clothing that fits well and has a great original design, but unfortunately due to time, (and loving it so much) the clothing becomes worn, torn, or the material goes out of style.
For this dress (seen above- Sun dress for the young animal lover), I took apart an old dress piece by piece and transferred the shapes onto new material. When deconstructing a garment it is important to take photos of what the original looked like, that way you wont loose track of how the newly created sections will fit together.
The end-product will leave you with an exact replica of the old piece of clothing, and if you save the old pieces that you used to transfer on to the new ones, you will be able to recreate the garment over and over again!